Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Party Planning 101

Someone asked me how much this party ended up costing. And I PROUDLY answered "$20 MAX!". Yep! That's right. That includes all the candy, food, treat bag -everything!!! The catch is, it took me a week to get everything ready because I made mostly everything.
So here's the breakdown: The kids only ate 1 pizza and 1 bag of breadsticks which I got from $5 Little Caesars. Here's the remains of the black widow pinate. Ethan helped me make it. It went from this...a balloon, newspaper, flour and water...

to this using black paint. Anabell is filling the body with candy...To this! A Black Widow Pinate! Originally it was going to be a bat, but this ended up being easier. It's amazing what you can make from random thing lying around the house. The next pictures are in random order so bare with me. For the kids' lunch I put a slice of banana, 1/2 a strawberry and chunk of apple on a spider stick.

John put up the decorations for me. We already had these decorations from previous years.

More pic's of the decorations. Notice the fun balls hanging? We made those too.

Here's the finished product.

Here's Ethan "fluffing out the ball"


We got some tissue paper, folded it accordian style, wrapped some string around it, fluffed it out and hung it by FLOSS.

I found these online, already made. All I had to do was print and laminate at Kinkos. We named it "GHOST" instead of Bingo. It was a hit!

I wrapped these white chocolate fingers in seran wrap and put it in the goody bag. I got the mold for 50 cents.

Of course, I couldn't have done all this without my handy dandy side kick. He was a HUGE help! Here we are making spider cupcakes for the goody bag as well. (I told them their dentist could thank me later). I already had stuff in my food storage for these little guys so they didn't cost much to make.

Making the spider legs for the pinate.

With some googly eyes, a marker, felt, left over Christmas cellophane and some toilet paper,
we made these ghost and vampire suckers to also put in the goody bag. Cute huh?

So, in the goody bag I had the suckers, monster fingers, spider cupcake and a pair of vampire fangs and a squishy rat that I picked up for 88 cents per package. Each package had 10.


Anyway...so for those who were wondering, that's how I put on a party for less than $20. I also found some FREE fun Halloween music online and had that playing in the background.