Last year, after telling myself I'd never run again, I ended up doing the half marathon again in Ogden. Why I put my legs in such pain, I don't know. I just love running through the Ogden Canyon. And since I don't run fast, it's quite an enjoyable time for me. But last year my time was aweful and I knew I could do better so I guess I had to prove it to myself. And I did do better. I beat my time from last year by a good 15 minutes, BUT, I know I can do even better than that. Especially since I didn't train nearly as well or far as I had last year due to the PAIN I was experiencing. So of course I want to run it again, but I can't. I'm quite disappointed about it. I feel like I'm getting old. But then I see these 50 year olds speeding past me in these races and I feel like I'm getting jipped?...gypped? Why do they get to run in their old age and I can't while I'm young???? NOT FAIR (pout). However, I want to have good health and be strong for my kids. If I continue running I could permantly injure myself. Then I'd really be jepardizing the things I could do with my children. So, for now, these are my excuses for quitting the running thing. I only mention this because registration for this race is coming up and I really, really, really want to run in it again. And it's taking all the strength I have left in me not to sign up. Ahhh!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment