Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend Camping

To kick off the summer we had our first camping trip as a family. Over Memorial Weekend we went to Lake Vernon with some friends of ours, the Arvidsons, Kennedys, Wells and Emerys. It was our first time camping here and we loved it. The girls stayed up and played games while the guys were out getting nice and dirty. I love this picture of them because they are covered from head to toe in some serious dirt! They went out four wheeling. The kids were in the trailor with us watching a movie. The guys also cooked for us too which was a nice treat. Cooking in a dutch oven is still intimidating for me. Luckily, we have the camping goo roos, Brandon & Blake with us. Usually we just eat muffins for breakfast and hot dogs for dinner and lunch. Not this time. We ate like kings. John and I tease that we ate better here than at home!

With our tiny camping chair, some rope and a few other things Marc had "lying" around, the guys were able to put together their own zipline for the kids. They had so much fun on it and it kept them entertained for some time. The little kids' faces are priceless.




We did a little fishing, but didn't catch anything (surprise surprise). My dad, Zach and friend met up with us and went fishing for a few hours. The kids were so excited to see them. We wanted them to eat and stay the night with us, but they had to get back :(


With a little PVC pipe, we had our very own "ladder golf" tournament which was hilarious and fun. I think Marc left with some new dents in his trailor! Blake and Aubrey won so we made this fun trophy for them. Deciding what pictures to post was hard to do so the other two are just fillers. Annie was the youngest kid there. She is the best baby! And I'm baby hungry so I put a picture of her here. The other is of Aubrey's son, Kurtis and Anabell tickling each other. I have a special posted dedicated to those two and Finn so look forward to that!


Brandon and Ashlee were so nice to let everyone use their rhino. Brandon caught a lizard and the kids thought he was the coolest. Their little boy, Paxton, is Austin's age. Isn't he a cute little thing??? He and Austin were little buddies and played well together.


Of course this was the life of the party. With the exception of baby Annie, all the kids are here. I focused so much on the kids that I didn't get many pictures of the adults! Kids are cuter anyway, right?

Like I said earlier, Brandon and Ashlee were so so so generous with their rhino. We took the kids for a family ride through the mountains and hills and some fun trails and had some nice family time. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

We tried calming the kids down before bedtime with a movie and popcorn. I just LOVE Paxton and Austin's faces. Don't you just want to kiss 'em!?




What would I do without ladder golf? This kept Austin occupied for a very long time.
Thanks everyone for a fun camping trip! I hope to do it again!!!!

2 comments:

Smallmans said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Your kids have the most expressive faces. I love your pictures of them!

Aubrey A said...

You are a Master Blogger! Great job on the pics! I knew I shoulda went through all your pics before making my photobook!! Dang! That was a fun trip. it makes me sad that autumn is here & summer is gone :(