John and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary on May 9th. I wanted to do something different and fun this year. In April I made reservations to "The Roof". Neither one of us had been there. They were doing a special package with the Anniversary Inn so I went to both of their locations and checked out the rooms. Small, but really fun. The price scared me a bit, but I decided it was worth it to try it out once. One week before our Anniversary things started to pop up and due to some unfortunate circumstances and situations, I had to cancel our dinner and overnight arrangements. Saturday morning we went to Ethan's last soccer game and then dropped the kids off with John's parents and did what we do every year -went golfing. It's been a tradition that we've done since we first were married. I actually really love to golf. John is glad I enjoy it too because he says it's something we can grow old doing together.Every so often our anniversary lands on the same day as Mother's Day, which I hate. It seems like every personal event is near a holiday. John's birthday is 5 days before Christmas so his birthday pretty much gets ignored. My birthday is 3 days after Valentines Day and usually over President's Day so those two things get combined. And of course, our anniversary is more than not, shared with Mother's Day. The only reason why I hate it is because one usually gets more attention than the other. And I look forward to Holidays and Birthdays. I love any excuse to have a party and bake fun things pertaining to the celebration. So because of the conflict, I only get HALF the parties! :) Case and Point: After golfing we went straight to his parent's house for Mother's Day Dinner.
So I mention the above and the canceled plans because I was really bummed about it. I really thought it was going to affect the whole aura of a "special" Anniversary. However, even though we didn't go out and spend as much time together as we had hoped, and didn't get to go to a fancy restraunt and hotel, we were still able to do something we love -have fun together. And that's all that mattered. The event was still "special" to me.
Even after 7 years, I still can't get enough of John. I still miss him when he kisses me each morning on his way out to work and look forward to when he walks back through that front door. I still get embarrassed and blush when we winks at me or tells me how beautiful I am. My goosebumps still don't seem to cease when he puts his hand in mine or whispers something sweet in my ear. I still laugh at his never ceasing, old jokes. And I still stop and stare in admiration as he plays with our children and smothers them with tickles, hugs and giggles. Unfortunately, since having children, my vast vocabulary has dwindled due to speaking in three word sentences for the past 5 years. I can't seem to write as fluently and expressively as I once did. And so, as cliche as it may sound, I am forced to say that words can't describe my feelings for John. I'm just grateful that I have such a wonderful husband who loves and adores me and shows it everyday. He is always thinking of things to do to show me that. In fact, in May, I woke up to find a post it note on my bathroom mirror telling me how beautiful I was. Then throughout the day I kept finding more in different places throughout the house and garage. There ended up being about 25 pink post it notes. It became a fun day for the kids as they thought they were clues like in "Blues Clues". A week went by when I found another one in my cleaning bucket and it was a wonderful reminder of how blessed I am to have John in my life.
LOVE YOU BABY!
hee hee(inside joke)

4 comments:
The post-it notes were so sweet! I hope you two had a wonderful anniversary!
You guys are so cute! And I think you do great at explaining yourself...a very gifted writer.
You two are such an AMAZING couple and I love reading about your life together! I look up to the both of you SO much!
Wow 7 years! That is awesome, happy anniversary. His notes are very sweet:)
Post a Comment