ANYWHO...back to Anabell. I obviously noticed she didn't fit in, but she didn't seem to care. Good girl. Self confidence! When the girls with the tu tu's and other pretty skirts started twirling their skirts, Anabell pretended she had one on too. She grabbed her invisible skirt and twisted the lower half of her body back and forth. Too cute. Her class was going well. I loved watching Anabell do her chasse's, fondu's, first position, pas, plie, batma's and other dance techniques on stage. She was so cute and having so much fun. So I thought. About half way through, she ran off the stage and said she wanted to go home. She said "I don't have pretty dance clothes". What I felt at that moment took me by suprise. Rather than telling her to suck it up I felt sympathy and I was sad that my little girl was so embarrassed and noticed that she was, indeed, the odd ball. Awww...
John couldn't help but laugh at me when I told him what I did next. I cancelled my plans the next day and went on a hunt for a cute dance outfit. I went to the DI first because let's face it, I wanted my girl to fit in, but was I really going to spend $30 on a 3 year old who will outgrow it within the next year? Oc course not!..I didn't leap that far off the sympathy cliff. Anyway, after going to four stores I finally found a cheap, cute dance outfit for Anabell at Kid to Kid. I always forget we have one close to me. I would've saved myself a lot of time if I just went there first. But it was worth it. Anabell was able to feel like a beautiful ballerina and I only had to spare $7 out of my pocket. Win win. I have to say she is the cutest little dancer. After 8 weeks of dance, she learned 5 dances and a lot of techniques. I'm not sure if or when I'll put her in a class again. Like I said, she likes so many things. We'll just let her try different things and then hopefully in a couple of years, she'll have an idea as to what she wants to do. Until then, we'll enjoy watching her LIVE LIFE!
FIRST POSITION BALANCING ON POINTED TOESBelow is a short dance clip.
3 comments:
She is the cutest thing! Loved the video, it's so funny to watch little kids learn dancing or sports.
What a good mommy! I felt sympathy for her too but also hate the idea of spending so much on something that gets so little use. I think the compromise of finding a used store was a great idea...one I might pack away in my idea box for future use! Brynna has been in Gymnastics, but I thought i'd take her out for a while and let her try something different cuz she's too little to decide right now, without tasting everything else out there, what she wants to pick as her "specialty" right now!
Oh I just love her! She is the cutest little dancer!
Post a Comment