Wednesday, October 21, 2009

THRILLER & PUMPKINS!

I love the holidays! I especially like Halloween. Every year I buy one big decoration so that in the years to come I will have my very own HAUNTED HOUSE. It will be the coolest house on the block! I want my whole yard to be full of fog with headstones and creepy crawling things poking out. And I love going to the haunted houses and forests. I am such a scaredy cat, especially when chased by the chain saw guys!
I have to admit, I put up my decorations late this year, but last week was the start of my Halloween festivities!
Me and some girls went to the dance production of THRILLER. It was sooo fun. It made me want to get out and dance on the floor with them. While waiting for the show to begin, they had gory people walking amongst you, bumping into you, getting up in your face and trying to scare you. It was awesome. A few of our husbands came with us too (including John!). They weren't so thrilled about the "group picture" if you can't tell. They look somewhat akward don't you think? I laugh every time I look at this picture.

Farnsworth Farms is a local farm right by our house. They have an annual Pumpking Festival every year which we went to with our friends Bo and Cheryl and their 2 cute girls. The kids first picked a pumpkin from their pumpkin patch. Then we went on a fun hayride. The kids really enjoyed it. The weather was really nice for us to, so it made things more enjoyable.









Once it started to get dark, we bought some kettle corn, sat on our blankets and chairs and watched a fun, free movie, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." I haven't seen the movie before and it was really cute. They don't make good, entertaining cartoons anymore so it was fun to see this one. The kids thought it was funny and it was short enough to keep their attention.
On Monday, for Family Home Evening, the kids painted their pumpkins. We usually carve them, but this seemed easier for the kids and they all could participate. Ethan made some great faces on his. Anabell got more paint on herself then the pumpkin and Austin decided that painting was boring and tried eating it instead. Gotta love kids. They make the little things so fun!
(I'm still trying to figure out how to put the pictures and my posts where I want them!)





















4 comments:

Tera said...

You guys sure seem to know how to have a good time!

J and L said...

NICE! I remember you house last year... it was spooooooky! :)

stacie said...

Wow, you guys have been doing so many fun things lately!! Your kids are sure cute! Austin is all grown up now!

Smallmans said...

THRILLER was fun! Except for the creepy people stalking us. If you enjoy that part of the performance then stay by me. They wouldn't leave me alone! Our friend does a haunted house in his basement every Halloween. Remind me next year and I'll take you. It would totally be up your alley!