Over the weekend I went to the Castle of Chaos with my youngest brother, Zach, and my niece and nephew, Jessica & Stephen. I was looking forward to going all day on Friday. I love haunted houses and forests. I am such a scaredy cat and pretty much everything scares me. The last haunted house I remember going to that really freaked me out was with my friend, Jill. There was this HUGE, LARGE monster/guy that kept chasing us and cornering us. I was shocked my pants were dry when I finally got out. I bring that up because I remember how fun and scary it was. This time I had to try as hard as I could to act scared and afraid. I didn't want to ruin it for the kids, so I played along and did the whole screaming, jumping, hold on to the person next to me with a death grip, etc. I was so dissapointed. This haunted house was voted by the travel channel as "One of America's scariest Halloween attractions". ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? This was the lamest haunted house I'd ever been to, not to mention expensive. I should've guessed it was lame when the line was barely visible from the streets and it was a Friday night. Who knows, maybe I'm just getting too old for these things. Everything looked too fake and the people only shouted in your face and then backed away. That, by the way, wanted to make me vomit. I swear some of those actors eat their own poo. Their breath could kill someone! I do have to say the very end was cool. You lay in a coffin with the lid closed. The bottom drops down and you slide out and there is a surprise waiting for you at the bottom.Anyway, despite the disappointment, I had fun hanging out with the teenagers. I'm glad they didn't think they were "too cool" to invite me along. But if you're looking for a scare -don't go to Castle of Chaos!
We all went back to my house and played cards with some friends and family until 2 in the morning! 8am came too quick and I was exhausted Saturday morning. If Ethan didn't have a soccer game, there's no way I would've got out of bed before 10.
Now as for the game -HORROR! It was aweful! Near the end of the 3rd quarter they were just getting trampled on. I am a fan of BYU, but why stay and watch a game, when you know there is no hope of them catching up? John and I ran out of the stadium as fast as we could. Not only did we beat the horrible traffic, but we made it to a movie and still made it home by 10:30. It was a great day and I am so glad I was able to spend it all with John. Thanks honey for a fun time!!!!
2 comments:
Oh, so fun to have a whole day to spend together! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
That's so fun! I want to plan a surprise date. 3 kids later, and where'd the romance go? Good for you, you've got three little guys too. We go on dates every week but they're always the same. You guys looks so good. I miss you Char. :) Love you. -STeph
Post a Comment