Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goodbye Summer...Hello Hibernation!

THE GROTTO up Payson Canyon

My friend and I took our kids up Payson Canyon and hiked to this fun waterfall called "The Grotto". There was a small pool of water the kids played in and some fun caves. A lot of fun!

I'm finally back! I love, love, love the warm weather. And I have to admit this past summer has been one of the funnest summers yet! I won't post any pictures, because I have way too many and it would take me all day to pick any out. I was able to spend a lot of fun, quality time with my kids and husband this summer. I love the outdoors, and let's just say my house went to pots most of the time, because I was never there long enough to clean it. And for the first time, I was ok with that :)
We took trips to the zoo, museums, aquarium, parks, swimming, hiked new trails, found different waterfalls and went camping almost every weekend. My kids think the tent is our second home. We were able to make it up a few more times to Bear Lake as well. I had a lot of fun spending time with my friends and family and I'm sad to see the warm weather leave. I HATE the cold weather, especially the snow that comes with it. It's amazing the transformation that takes place within me between the two seasons. Busy bee in the summer, hibernation in the winter. I guess I better find something interesting to do for the next, oh 6 months, or I might go crazy!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

If you find something to keep you occupied, let me know! I hate winter!

Tera said...

I hate winter too, it's too bad we live somewhere where it lasts so long. I've decided I really won't hate it as much when I don't have little kids anymore and don't have to bundle so many people up everyday. When they are older we will be able to discover winter sports and I think that will help some.