Monday, January 26, 2009

"FAGS" "HOOKERS" and "PICKLES" OH MY!

I think one of the most entertaining things about toddlers is their inability to pronounce certain words correctly. Or when they repeat something they didn’t hear clearly. Now three words come to mind, “Fags, Hookers and Pickles”. Ethan is fascinated with everything new he sees. While we were driving around town, Ethan pointed out all of the “Fags” (flags) he saw. This made John and I crack up. But what really busted our gut was when he shouted “Look! TWO fags!” Naturally, we looked at the flags only to also see two men walking by as well.
“Hookers”. For some reason Ethan ends his words in –er when referring to something he has. For example “I have a cougher” or “I have a juicer”. Well, the other day Ethan borrowed his cousin’s toy hawk which he pronounces “hook” and said to me, “Mom, Gage let me borrow his “hook”. Now I have a “hooker” to play with.” Let’s hope that doesn’t get out in the open. And lastly, “Pickles”. Ethan repetitively reminds me how many “pickles” (Freckles) I have. Why do kids have to be so observant!? I guess this starts my public humiliation due to an honest boy’s observation of someone tooting, having bad breath, a burger hanging out of a nose…you see where I’m going.

5 comments:

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Your letting Ethan play with Hookers? Char we're going to need you to start rating your posts! Glad to see a new post up!

Ashley said...

I love it when kids say inappropriate things in public. So much fun.

Heather said...

Hey! I read on FB that you have a blog, so I thought I'd check it out! I just had to laugh when I read this because Jaxon used to say "flag" the same way! Hehehe.

So, how are you guys doing? Your kids are growing up fast! I can't believe how big Austin is already!

Here's the link to our blog in case you ever want to check it out

www.bruceandguce.blogspot.com

Take care!

Todd and Hana Freeman said...

Ethan, Ethan...all I can say is we miss you! That is so funny. When Evan was little truck would come out a little wrong...we would always smile and pray he wouldn't see a truck while we were by anyone in the store. :)

Breinholt Gang said...

I think that is the funniest blog post I've ever read. I love it!!! Ethan is the best