Saturday, January 24, 2009

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER


So I totally remember the B.F.F. days. I particularly remember having a necklace with a heart charm that split in three ways. There were also the charm bracelets, earrings, and of course, the B.F.F. stamped at the end of every school note. I must admit I had more than one person I shared those three sacred letters with. And in the end, I’m glad I didn’t walk away with just one best friend.
I am so grateful for the friends I had, have and will have. I have a group of friends I’ve known for years! Some I’ve known since I was 8, one since I was born, and others for over 10 years! I could write a novel about all the fun, adventurous, stupid, crazy, wild, etc. times I’ve shared with my friends which is why I’ll keep this entry simple. I love my friends and I’m so glad we still keep in contact. I know that we will be friends forever, even if distance keeps some of us from seeing each other as often as we like.
And now to the point that lead me to all this jibberish. I mention all this friends stuff because last week Cheryl and I had lunch with our friend Lorri Tennant (Farris). We haven’t seen her since highschool. Yet, when we saw eachother it was as if we were in highschool again, only with kids. It was so much fun catching up on our lives and reliving old memories. We laughed, joked, and smiled the whole time. There were no awkward silent moments like some people have with those they haven’t seen in a while. In fact, we could’ve chatted all day if time permitted. Was I surprised about this? Absolutely, not. Like I said, I have the most amazing friends in the world.
That visit made me miss my friends that live far away and also made me realize I’ve been taking for granted the good friends I have close by. “So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money, when we look back now, will our jokes still be funny?” A RESOUNDING YES! At least mine, anyway. They are always the best ones, right Lauren?

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I know how that feels. About a year ago I caught back up with a friend I knew since middle school. I hadn't seen her much since high school. We just got back into our groove and now we are closer then we were back then. It is always fun to look back with one another and laugh at some of the stuff we did. I don't really have that same connection with the other friends I have. But I am still grateful to have them as well. Ohh and that makes me laugh about the BFF heart necklaces. I totally used to wear those.

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

I was with you aall in spirit! Love you guys! By-the-way it's like 7 in the morning there, what on earth are you doing blogging?

Scott and Lorri said...

I couldn't have said it better! you summed it all up. Thank you for the fun visit and all the great memories. (as she laughs silently to herself)

Breinholt Gang said...

Man, can I be one of your BFF's? I won't ever let you down, you can call me, we can eat out and laugh. I'm glad you have great friends! That is awsome. My girlfiends from High school bailed on me after I got married and then really bailed on me after I had a kid. Heavens forbid