So I have no idea how people keep up with their blogs. First, trying to find time to actually write something. Second, trying to figure out what to write. You’d think with a bachelor’s in English, I’d be able to whip up a witty paragraph in seconds. But on the contrary, I find myself trying to muster out a great opening for my thesis and then follow up with some supporting evidence. HUH!? I wish I could just sit down, let my fingers do their magic and end up with a humorous piece of writing.
Enough of my blabbering. December came and went in a manner of seconds. It was extremely busy with church parties, family gatherings, vacations and sick kids! On Friday, December 12th we headed out to Southern California for our CRUISE! We arrived a couple of days early so we could take Ethan to Sea World. We left Anabell & Austin with my parents. In exchange we brought my brothers, Cody, Jake & Zach. John’s dad & sister carpooled with us along with her kids and family friend, Scott. The rest of the family flew out on Sunday. (What!? More Family!? Keep reading)
On Sunday, December 14th we all hopped on the Carnival Spirit ship and headed out on an 8 day Mexican Cruise. Now, when I say WE I mean ALL OUR FAMILY! There was John and I and our 3 kids, my parents & three brothers, John’s parents, John’s sister & 4 kids, John’s brother & 2 kids and Scott, a very good family friend. Now, you may be wondering who in their right mind would travel with their parents AND their in-laws! I’m not sure how it got started but trust me, John and I have nothing to do with it. In fact, we get down on our knees and plead for them to stop the insanity. But our mom’s continue to torture us and plan any and every event together that they can. What can you do?
We have a million pictures so I will only post the pic’s from the beach and a few others. It was Austin’s first time at the beach and we put Ethan and Anabell on the boogie boards for the first time. It was a blast!
When our cruise was over, everyone went home except for our little group. My best friend, Jill, had her baby on the 11th so we drove up to my old home town, Lancaster, and spent the night at her parent’s house where she was staying for Christmas. It was good to see her and her family. I just wish I had more time. We left the next day early and got home late on the 23rd. Then there was Christmas Eve, Christmas, and 2 weeks of sick kids! Really sick kids! Ear infections, infection in their lungs, and the flu! So that about sums up December.
Oh, and I have to add. The all you can see and eat food was great. The beach and boogie boarding was fun. But the last day of our cruise had some major highlights. Not only did we go miniature golfing on the ship for the last time, but I participated in a free throw competition. My brother-in-law, Dave, beat me by one shot. But then got spanked by a 75 year old. I was glad to witness that. (And no, he wasn’t letting her win). I didn’t have a chance at the ping pong tournament I entered and decided to play in the water volleyball tournament. It ended up being Dave, Jill and I against my dad and two other men. Not sure who won but played longer than we should have. After wards we all competed in a boys against girls synchronized swimming contest. Unfortunately no pictures or video was taken. But it was pretty hilarious….the boys anyways. They always are funnier when trying to do something girly. So my dad, Dave and brother Cody walked off with a trophy. Of course, we got a nice try trophy too.
10 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, you did have a crazy month, but it sounds like you had so much fun!
Holy Cow! I don't think I could handle a cruise with that much family. lol It sounds like fun though.
I still laugh at you and John for having to be with both families at the same time! I want a Mexican cruise for my December vacation. Lucky! I'd pay good money to see that sync. swimming contest.
Post a Comment