Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lately, I've been asked....

"Who are all those kids in your front yard!?"
I have no idea who they are. But this is why they are there:

Pretty sweet huh? Ethan has since realized that if he starts on the sidewalk he can go much faster and further. He will put Anabell on it first, get a running start and then jump in with her. They go crusin'! It's the funnest thing to watch. I don't know how they have the energy to continually walk back up the hill especially with the sled. I want my kids' energy.

But anyway....Since we've had snow I've had random kids in my front yard each day. I'm not talking just one or two kids. I'm talking about 5 or 6. Most of them are older so they are usually on snowboards. I have no idea who they are or where they live. I've poked my head out, stared at them through the blinds and even taken out the trash in hopes that they'd get out of my yard, but apparently I'm invisible. Don't you think it's wierd that these kids feel like it's ok to go sledding in my yard when not only do they have no idea who we are, but without asking???

I honestly didn't mind them playing out there because it really is a fun hill to go down. But then this past week 2 things happened:

1. I was recently told that I could be sued if one of the kids got hurt on my property. Don't want that to happen! 2. Ethan's snow shovel and sled got stolen! Anabell and Ethan were crushed. You should've seen their sad little faces squished in their puffy hooded coats when we couldn't find it. They were crushed. Later that day Ethan said "Mommy. It's ok that my sled is gone. He just wanted to borrow it until Christmas." Funny, sweet and sad all at the same time.

So sorry kids....looks like the invisible woman has to speak up and you'll have to find another place for your snowy fun.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is kinda weird, huh? I would speak up if I were you...

LOVE the new pics of your kids on your sidebar. They're all so incredibly cute! :)

Ariane said...

That's totally sweet! But yeah, I wouldn't let other kids do it in my yard. Especially on snowboards where they could really get hurt..put on your mean face Chari!