For some reason the Christmas season feels different this year. For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to figure out why, and so far I've come up with two possible reasons.1. Lack of Christ. It seems like people are becoming more selfish and putting more effort on acquiring wordly things and focusing on what they DON'T have, rather than putting Christ in their lives and thanking Him for what they DO have. Usually, during this time there is more talk of Christ, more love of Christ and more Christ-like actions. People are generally more happy, more giving, more kind, more loving and more spiritual. As I've been out and about lately, I just don't feel that "Christmas Spirit". "Christmas" has been replaced with "Holiday". Manger scenes are now reindeer and and santa's sleigh. As I looked around me at the crowded grocery store, it seemed like people's lights are dim. They aren't happy. Could this be why things feel different? I hope I am not a reflection of this. I know I have a lot of areas that need improvement and realize I need to start putting one foot in front of the other and start making changes now. Perhaps I'm the reason Christmas seems different. I've decided to find more ways to "Let my light shine". To put it simply, be a Child of God.
2. Time.Time is going by fast. Hours feel like seconds and days seem like minutes. The scriptures refer to this speeding up of time during the last days. And we are very much living in those days! It seems like time is taking away so many wonderful things I had planned to do for this Christmas season. There just isn't time to do it all in a day. If I do one thing, I am taking away from something else. I've had to really prioritize and start putting things in order of importance. For example, Grocery Shopping. I hadn't gone for over a month. While this helped save a little extra money for some expenses we had to pay for, my kids need something more than pancakes and ramen noodles in their belly! hee hee
This past week I dedicated all my time to my children. Everyday we did something fun together and I taught them something specifically about Christ's life. We laughed more, played more, read more, danced more, sang more, prayed more, and definitely ate more! And I have to admit it was finally "Beginning to look alot like Christmas." 
We made a fort. And what use is a fort without popcorn and a movie!
While this is a cute picture of the boys playing together, I hope they never have to fight in a real war.
As everyone sang "The 12 Days of Christmas", Ethan had the 7th sign. So when it came to 7 swans a swimming, Kim, Me, Carol, Jessica, Steven, Christen and Anabell all stood up and pretended we were swimming. I wish I had a picture of it. It was funny.
This picture is classic. Santa Claus just came aboard the train.
1 comment:
Chari... Can I just say AMEN Sista! You could not have said that any better (your two reasons). I am so bad with words, but that is exactly what I've been trying to put in to words this past couple of weeks! If you figure any more out...I would love to hear it!!
Post a Comment