ACTIVITY 1: ZOOLIGHTS
I hate the cold. Hate it. However, it doesn't seem to phase the kids. So, to keep our sanity I must venture out once in a while. For Family Home Evening, we went to see the lights at the zoo with my nephew, parents and brother, Zach. It was a lot better than I had anticipated. Most of the animals were gone which really upset Anabell. "Where did they go?" she kept asking. We've gone to the zoo enough that she knows the zoo like the back of her hand. There's no fooling her when it comes to the animals. She is too cute.
It was FREEZING COLD! I was dying. Luckily, the lack of animals made the trip faster than usual. And for the first time ever, I actually looked forward to going into the warm, stinky, smelly, putrid, small animal building :)
Despite the cold, we enjoyed doing something together. There weren't very many people there so I didn't have to make my kids stick by me like glue. I loved watching my kids get super excited about each animal light. And honestly, nothing makes me happier than to see my kids happy, and know that I had a small part in making that happen.

ACTIVITY 2: HOMEMADE DECORATIONS
I had my nephew and neice all day today. While all the kids enjoy playing with eachother, it was only a matter of time before they started getting sick of the toys and needed something else to do. It was unbareably cold outside, so that wasn't an option. I racked my brain. First, we played a couple of games. Then after lunch, I put the three youngest ones down for a nap and Gage, Ethan and I made snowflakes. If you want to make some too, click here for instructions. They're easy. All you need is paper, scissors and a stapler. Aren't they cool?
2 comments:
I was wondering how you are since I never seem to get a chance to get on the computer anymore. Looks like you are up to some fun. You want to hear freezing cold? Tonight we had a progressive dinner for RS. Parking and walking I was cold. I just figured I felt extra cold because I was tired. Nope. It was because it was -22. Since you seem to love the cold so much
maybe you should come visit???
It looks way to cold...I hate the cold too...maybe that's why I live in Geaorgia. But hey on a good note while you are stuck in the snow (haha) we are going to the florida Keys for Christmas. I'll be wearing flip flops while you are bundled up tight. have fun.
Post a Comment