10 years ago
Friday, November 6, 2009
Work and No Play
Who said work isn't fun? My kids love helping me with the dishes, making dinner, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, taking out the garbage, etc. They WANT to do it and are HAPPY when I ask them to. So, of course, I take every advantage of it that I can. Yesterday we invited Ethan's friend, Matthew, to come over and play. The side of my yard had a massive pile of leaves on the ground. I thought it would be fun to make a huge pile of leaves for the kids to jump into. It took a lot
longer than I thought. It was dark before we even had half the leaves piled up. Anyway, we
had to transfer the leaves from one side of the house to the other. So I had the kids rake, pile, and transport. It was a proud moment...like my very own sweat shop! No, just kidding. I rewarded them with popsicles (Yes in November! It was a beautiful, warm day). Then we buried the kids in the leaves and had them pop out and scare Matthew's mom. Of course it ended it a big leave throwing fight and it resulted with the kids ganging up on me. So needless to say I ended up with hair, shirt and shoes full of leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute!
child labor... awesome...
;)
Post a Comment