Thursday, May 14, 2009

BARGAIN SHOPPER

For those of you who don’t know this already, I am a huge bargain shopper. Especially when it comes to buying food. Today I had a fun trip to Albertsons and saved A LOT of money while stocking up on cereal and a few other items, and I wanted to let you have a chance to do the same. I purchased 3 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese, 2 bags of salad, 2 6-packs of Trix Yoplait yogurt, 2 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks, 4 boxes of Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad, 2 cans of Betty Crocker Frosting, 1 box of Tuna Helper and 8 boxes of Kelloggs Cereal. That’s 24 items! Below is a picture of my purchase.

Guess how much I paid?
A. $18.05 B. $37.55 C. $84.36

A. Is the price I paid. B. Is the price I would’ve paid without using my coupons. C. Is the original cost of all these items.
Here’s where you can get the coupons: http://www.coupons.com/ has $1 off coupons for a variety of Kelloggs cereal and $.55 off Betty Crocker Frosting. www.Pillsbury.com/coupons-promotions has coupons for Suddenly Salad, Yoplait yogurt and Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks. Albertsons has in-store coupons in their ad for the salad and cheese.
HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!

STOP MONKEYING AROUND!
I have to add this little blurb to my shopping story. When I came home I grabbed all my groceries, closed the garage door and walked inside. Well, I heard my garage door stop and start to open again so I figured Anabell or Ethan was messing around with the garage opener in the car. I ran back out to the garage only to have my heart jump out of my chest as I saw this:

Except the garage door was about all the way open and I was barely able to grab Anabell by her knees! Obviously this picture is a re-take (I know, encouraging a very naughty act, not the best mothering decision) but they were seriously so high off the ground. Ethan let go as soon as he heard me, but Anabell had a death grip. I had to literally pry her fingers off my pulling her legs as hard as I could. I was scared she was going to let go and crack her head. I can’t even imagine the things these two are going to be doing when they get older. It’s something I try not to think about. I’m starting to have a slight understanding why my mother was so worried when I told her the things I was doing such as rock climbing and cliff jumping.

7 comments:

Pilkington Family said...

I think that is awesome that they figured out to do that. I remember seeing how long we could hang on as it went up when I was little. hehehe...oh and when did you guys get a garage? I thought you were still living in that condo?!?! by the way we (meaning myself and the kids) are coming to utah june 3-23 and want to see you!!!

Tera said...

Oh such fun two little kids can get into trouble doing! I would have been scared too. Ethan is old enough to know to land on his feet if he falls. Annabell is still so little, she'd just fall right on her pretty little head. So scary! And yes, when they get older, they will have lots of fun getting into much scarier trouble. Good luck!

The Fergy Bunch said...

Hey thanks for sharing your shopping secret - I love it and plan on giving it a try!

I can only imagine what you felt when you saw your kiddos dangling from the garage door. I'm glad you were able to get them down before any harm fell upon them. I think the picture is really cute and sometimes we need to have a good picture or two of the things we NEVER thought they would do - it'll be a good one to share with them when they call you with news that thier children just did something crazy! LOL =)

Hillary said...

I think it was great how you took the time to stack your purchases all nice and neat for a picture. What a dedicated shopper you are.

mcglone said...

Oh my gosh!!! I think my heart would have jumped out of my chest as well. Those two little stinkers! They are the funniest little kids ever. I love hearing the stories you have to tell about them. And I am impressed at your bargain shopping ablilties. I am getting into the whole coupon thing but have yet to get a bargain like that. Just wondering, are you on one of those websites that helps you combine coupons with sales?

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Awh, if only the prices were anywhere like that in Canada. It's 20.00 bucks just for a box of cereal, milk and some bread. How are you, how come I never hear from you, you busy mama of three.

The Borman Family said...

That cracks me up Chari! Fun in the garage. Who needs Disneyland! Jk. I would have freaked out too. Thank goodness you heard and went to check:)