10 years ago
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Blogging is NOT a journal for me...
I've been feeling really guilty for not keeping up with my blog. It is my only source of journaling right now. However, it's a lousy source. I have been keeping a journal since I was in elementary school. I have boxes and boxes of journals. In fact, a couple of months ago I pulled out some old journals and out fell a letter I had written to my future husband. It was sealed. I had John open it and we had fun reading it together. However, I haven't written in my journal since LAST YEAR! I am very dissappointed with this because this past year has been full of adventures and new experiences and loaded with new things my kids have learned and I have documented very few of theses things. I love keeping a personal journal. I can write in great detail pages and pages of how a specific situation affected me, or the love I have for my husband and kids without feeling cheesy. I love to write down the dozen of things the children do to make me laugh or how proud I am of their accomplishments without feeling like I'm bragging. I also work out my frustrations in my journal. When something is bothering me I write it all out and then when I'm finshed I either have a solution or realize I was overreacting. It's quite theraputic. I leave out a lot of detail and events in my blog which is why I'm not completely satisfied with blogging. Or, at least, using blogging as my journal. However, I have a lot of friends and family that I don't get to see very often and it is a great way for them to get a glimpse of what my family is up to. So, for that reason only, I will continue to blog, and try to make it something worth reading :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, thank you for the consideration. Your blog is important to me. What if you kept journaling in your book, then one/twice a week put a funny bit from your book on your blog?
I am one that does use blogging as my journal. I am not a very private person, I'm pretty much an open book. So, if someone doesn't like what I read, they don't have to read it. But,I reaize not everyone is as comfortable sharing all they feel. One of the things I like about blogging isn't necessarily that everyone can read it, but that I type so much faster than I write. When I'm writing I can't go back and spell check or edit what I wrote to make it "make sense". And I think so fast and my handwriting just can't keep up with it. Have you thought about having a blog that is just yours and you keep set as private? Then you can blog everything you feel and no on e can read it? Then, you can blog on your family blog edited versions of the blogs you want to share? Just a thought.
Post a Comment