Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

5 REASONS WHY I LOVE ST. PATRICK'S DAY THIS YEAR:

1. I get to bust out the green 'fro
2. Green Grub
On the Menu this year: Breakfast -Green Clover shaped Pancakes, Green Eggs Snacks-Edamame, Brocolli with Green Ranch Dinner -Chicken, salad, peas, green potatoes & lemon-lime koolaide. Dessert -Brownies w/green frosting
3. I got the DVD "Princess and the Frog" for FREE. It's on sale at RC Willey for $8.95 (I price matched it at Walmart), used a $5.00 off coupon found here, and then sent in a BandAid rebate, found here. So essentially I got PAID $1.00 to buy it. Can't beat that!

4. If you go to Chick-Fil-A today, keep the receipt, and on your next visit you get your exact order FREE. I had 2 coupons today and got 2 meals for free. So, again, they PAID ME to eat their food. This day just keeps getting better.


5. The Discovery Children's Museum at the Gateway was FREE today and they validated the underground parking for $1. I have to thank my friend Aubrey because she is the one who told me about all this free stuff.

Aubrey and I spent all day together with our kids at Chick-Fil-A and the Museum. Here's Kurtis, Austin & Anabell at the ball station.


The kids dressed up in costumes and reenacted the 'WILD' for us. They growled, wrestled, ran and jumped for us. Kurtis and Ethan were so funny to watch. They really got into character. I think Austin felt left out as he was just a meandering cow.

Kurtis and Ethan in the cockpit of a rescue chopper. They had to wait in line a long time for this moment.


Anabell loved this horse. Look how cute she is posing for the camera :)

We spent 4 hours of hard playing. It wiped the kids out. Check out Ethan and his capri sun straw hanging out of his mouth. Aubrey and I were cracking up. I'm glad Aubrey thought to take a picture. Look at Kurtis chillin' in the back. He still has energy to spare. He needs to give some of it to me!
Sayonara St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun-filled day!!! I'm jealous of all the deals you snagged! And I love all your "green" grub ideas! :)

Stephanie said...

awe! we were there too! I cant believe how many people were there!!

Aubrey A said...

Those are awesome pics!! I am going to have to get some of them for my photobook :) Thanks for making our st. patty's awesome!