After attending my monthly Dream Factory meeting last month, I decided I was going to put on a fundraiser so we can have money to grant more dreams. So I planned a Holiday Boutique. I had no idea what I was doing and was a little worried at first that it wouldn't come together. But it did and was a lot of fun. There was a lot more work involved than I had expected. Over 800 flyers were passed out, 8 big campaign signs posted, and 2 advertising websites posted. We had it in the Camelot Village Clubhouse. There was beautiful Christmas music playing and yummy rolls and soup for people to eat after shopping. Thank you for everyone who helped out!
John, for printing out over 800 colored flyers and passing them out until 10:30 at night!
My kids for putting up with long, boring days in the house and car as I worked on the boutique.
The Kolob 12th ward young men, Todd, Hana, Tammy & Andy, for spending their mutual night putting up flyers on all the doors in their neighborhood.
Hikory Kist for donating 100 yummy rolls.
Camelot Village HOA for donating the clubhouse.
Triscia, Hana, Patty & Kelly for donating homemade soup.
And all the vendors! Megan & Sharesa (Close to My Heart), Wendy (Lia Sophia), Nicole (Vinyl), Jessica (Tootsie Bug Baby), Jana (Pampered Chef), Carolyn (Wild Tree), Roxanne (Soaps), Jamie (Clear Shot Photography), Jenn (Mary Kay), Dan (His beautiful music), Stephanie (Scentsy), Jill & Andrea (Usborne Books), Lori (Shoe Fetish), Janae (Layers), Janille (Booskers Baby) Sadie & Ben (Ben's books), Jana (Christmas Cards & gift bags), Lena (Heritage Books) and Brittney (Jeans).
After the boutique we had a farewell celebration for Preston. His dream is to go to Disney World and he left on Sunday!
If you would like to volunteer or donate, let me know!
10 years ago
4 comments:
I totally stole your All Because... thing. ;)
Thanks
That is awsome that you put forth some much work to help someone. I'm very impressed! But now I feel totally lame cuz....just cuz I would be the person cheering you on but never doing it. We all need chearleaders. miss you chari
That is really awesome, Chari! Does your foundation have a website or a blog? Also ... did you see our family blog? I have my health blog and then we have a separate blog for our family happenings here ... http://the-keeles.blogspot.com/
i need to really talk to you more about this event. I'm really interested and your blog is cute. Good job.
Post a Comment