Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yellowstone

I just got back from a week in Yellowstone. We had a vacation with both my family and John's family. I know...wierd. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We hiked, saw some amazing waterfalls, many animals, a ton of gysers and other thermal features. I really want to go back because there is still so much more to see. I have way too many pictures so I will have to sum it up with these few. Here is Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, Fairy Falls, a couple gysers and Austin making a funny face that I couldn't resist taking a picture of.


Here is Ethan at the Buffallo Bill Museum in Cody, Wyoming, and the rest were taken at Bear World in Rexburg, Idaho. I went on a ride with my 3 kids and 2 nephews. It was fun. At Bear World there is a petting zoo where the kids can roam around and touch deer, goat, chickens and ducks.

Here are a few pictures of some of the animals we saw. The buffalo was walking next to our van and then decided to get in front of my parents vehicle and walk down the road in his lane. We came upon the elk while hiking and then the bear was a sweet ending to our trip. We finished hiking a waterfall and saw him walking about 50 feet in front of our parked car.

We celebrated the fourth of July in West Yellowstone. I had fun doing everyone's hair. My nephew, nieces and brother roamed around the town with their crazy hair and it was fun.
Here is us white river rafting. We went on class II, III and IV rapids. It was fun and I was glad Ethan was able to come. He BARELY made the weight limit. We rafted for a few hours and stopped in between to eat a yummy lunch. In my boat there was John, Ethan, my dad, my brother Zach, my niece Christen, nephew Steven and nephew Devin.



5 comments:

Ariane said...

Wow! How long were you guys gone for? WAY FUN! I think I need a vacation....

Scott and Lorri said...

That sounds like so much fun. I miss being somewhat close to family.

Stephanie said...

sure looks like you guys had a blast! i love all the pics!

J and L said...

Awesome!!! I love the picture of John with Austin on his back winning the world's best smile contest! And the picture of you on the ride with all the kiddos!
And dang Chari!! You are looking really good!! So tan!! I'm jealous... I'm still whitey whitey as always...

Breinholt Gang said...

I really want to go white water rafting. How fun. Love the pix.